Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A bit of Jars of Clay

We capped off the lenten celebration with a concert by the Grammy award-winning Christian Contemporary band -- Jars of Clay.


Ten years ago, I missed them playing in Cebu because I was starting on a new job in another part of the country. I was sorry I missed it. Back then, I was very active in our singles growth group. It would have been a group activity. 

In between the years, I have had highs and lows in my spiritual life. There were those years I refused to grow where I was planted. And some days where even embers of my spiritual fire is dying. 

Listening to them gets me back on track. Their message inspires to listen and meditate on God's word. And it's just so awesome that they seek to glorify God in all their songs and performances. 


So, last Sunday I had the chance to watch them live for free at the Bonifacio High Street Central. Thanks, Church Simplified for bringing them.

It was very uplifting listening to them and having fellowship with the people who came in droves to watch them. The entire amphitheater was filled with young adults and even families... getting together for a live praise and worship from this amazing band. 

Too bad, we missed the first part of the concert. But still it was good to be there. Until the next concert, Jars of Clay. Mabuhay! Keep on inspiring through your music.

XX

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment