Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ramen Night at Ukokkei Ramen Ron

Lately, am having this fixation with ramen. Whenever I have the chance to dine out, my first option is to go to a ramen house. I think I'd be filling this page with all things ramen in the next few weeks. 

The next stop on my ramen quest is Ukokkei Ramen Ron. I must say that this house is just one of the many Japanese restaurants that line the length of Arnaiz Avenue in San Lorenzo Village in Makati. It's easy to miss. It's very nondescript. 

But there's nothing forgettable about the food, I must say. My girlfriends and I went there armed with the knowledge that its bowls are not for sharing. And it closes early in the night (9pm). 

Looking at the menu, you'd have to (almost) order by faith. There's no English translation except for the name of the dish. 

Seated at the bar, we took turns giving our orders. Josette went for Tantanmen. 
Tantanmen is moderately spicy (P390)


I had Ukokkei Miso Chasu. I love the richness of its soup. It has the right mix of saltiness and creaminess. The ramen is not soggy which is what I like. Plus, it comes in a large bowl. The pork that comes with it is thinly sliced that adds flavor to the already rich ramen. So far, this is my best. 
 
Ukkokei Miso Chasu (P380)

 
Lunch Set: Ramen, Rice, Salad (P380)

If you're looking for your next ramen stop, you may check out Ukokkei Ramen Ron. It's located at Paseo Tesoro. Please, please don't make the same we made. We went to the Tesoro's building towards EDSA. Both building are on the same side but Ukkokei Ramen Ron is towards Don Bosco. 

Ramen should be perfect for the rainy season, don't you think? 

XX

Sheng 

No comments:

Post a Comment