Monday, October 17, 2011

Room with a View

I grew up in the province where banana trees grow aplenty. My world was colored green; filled with earth tones. Everything was just naturally pleasing to the eyes.
"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
But the dreamer in me can't wait to escape the natural beauty of my birth place. I had to go to the big city. The thought of living a commuter's life thrilled me. And the prospect of being urbane exhilarated me.

Now, I live in the metropolis. My taste gets a little more gourmet, day by day. My stance becomes a little more defined, everyday. My demeanor changes a little, everyday. My horizon has broadened, a little bit each day. 

Yet, some things couldn't just be traded for the skyscrapers of the urban jungle. I catch myself longing for the days where I get a view of a garden or some pretty plants across my window. I want a room with a view. 

So, I bought myself a plant. In a small pot. Just like this one.
i speak to my plant, everyday. just a simple hello. (photo from Google)

















I have this almost obsessive fear of the health hazards of the smog in the metro. I try to compensate my carbon footprint by planting or taking care of small plants in my house and in the office. 
My plant in my office. 




















However, I still go home to this nagging feeling that someday I need to be in a better place. It's not so much the aesthetics but the ambiance of a home. I want to recreate my childhood room with a picture window. 
Almost like this. Thanks, Pottery Barn.

















If money were no object, I want a loft. 
Just like this one. Thanks, Google.













I wish that one day, I'd enjoy that luxury of building my own library. And I get to have that really cozy corner furnished with this beautiful couch. 
My future reading nook. Thanks, Pottery Barn for the inspiration.

















There's no question about it, I want to build a life and family here. And a little semblance of life, as I knew it in the province, with an abundance of greenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment