Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Premier Night: The Three Musketeers

I am giddy with anticipation. Tonight, my friend Mei, will bring me along as her plus 1 to the premier showing of the movie The Three Musketeers at the Power Plant Mall Cinema in Rockwell Center.

















When my friend, Mei asked me if I am keen on watching it, I was not quite sure what to answer. Pardon my ignorance but I had to ask her if, it's a play or a movie. Ha ha ha. Anyhow, I said yes. Regardless of her answer. 

It's not so much the movie that excites me. It is the fact that I'll watch a movie premier. The last time I watched one was during college. Back then, radio stations would sponsor movie premiers and listeners could win tickets. Lucky for me, I have a friend who is an avid listener and a persistent caller. 

She'd join the radio show several times during the days that led to the show date. Every time she wins, she'd give different names of her friends so our whole circle could watch the movie. Looking back, I admire her persistence and her generosity to her friends. Dialing in a hot radio station is hard work! I've seen her work the telephone keypad! She's amazingly fast. 

And that was how we gained entry to those shows. A bunch of rowdy college kids eager to freeload on movies. It's a treat considering that as students we live on a very tight allowance. 

But tonight is a different story. Gone is the ambiance created by the blaring sounds of the sponsor radio station and the booming voices of the radio jocks. Instead, I heard that we are to start with a pre-movie showing cocktail to mingle with other invited guests. Aha! 

I wanted to dress up and have some semblance of sophistication. But we plan on window shopping first. Hence, high heels is out of the question. In, the trusty ballet flats. And of all days, today, was the scheduled photo session for our new company ID. Our company hired a professional makeup artist and hairstylist to doll us up. Talk about luck. 

Hopefully, I will be able to really enjoy the night and the movie. I shall attempt to write a review of the event, er movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment