Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Hello Kitty 35th!

It is a norm in our team to surprise a birthday celebrator a day or two before the actual date. In Avon, we are blessed to be given a birthday leave if it falls into a work day. Whee! One of the fringe benefits of an associate (for some reason Avon does not want to refer to us as employees) that we are grateful to enjoy!

The week of birthday, I had already an inkling that there is something happening. The night of June 25, we were treated to an exclusive showing of "Man of Steel" at the Director's Club in the Mall of Asia. While we were waiting for the show to start, we did what people nowadays occupy themselves with in their spare time -- cam whoring!

Erika showed me one of the photos on her phone, then, I accidentally saw an invite for me. Ha! Giggling, I told her what it's all about. For a few seconds, there was total silence. Zilch. 

Come Thursday (June 27), I saw this on my desk. 
My Hello Kitty invite!
As a kid, I was obsessed with Hello Kitty. As an adult, I have a few things that allow me to reminisce about my fascination with the pink one -- a miniature cabinet, lunch bag (in sober brown), iPhone case, toothbrush holder... about a few personal things. Hence, the girls idea for the lunch party. 

True to its theme, the conference room cum party venue was dressed as Hello Kitty land. 
My birthday banner :-)
My Hello Kitty guests!


Obviously, they were going for 'unleashing the kid in you' feel. The music played were Disney-ish. The food are kid's staple such as spaghetti, pizza, barbecue. The games were fun. It was nuts to have adults competitively play for a loot bag. 

Of course, a party without a cake is just a meeting. So, we've got a really cute and yummy cake and I got to blow the candle.
Everyone went out with a loot bag, full bellies and enough energy to last the whole day. I went out with a good vibe and a memory that will last me a lifetime. 

To my Operations Development family -- thank you for organizing! To my other Operations friends, thank you for taking the time out to have fun with us. And to my Lunch Girls, thank you for the beautiful messages.

Everyday, am thankful for God's faithfulness in my life. And you, my friends are one of my blessings. 
Thank You!

XX

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment