Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bucket List

I think I have written so many variations of my bucket list. This barrio girl does not really feel the need to update or revise. It's just that I've learned that at a certain phase in one's life priorities and dreams change. 

When I was a struggling college student, I had a tin pencil case where I kept a running tab of the material things I want to possess. I remember I listed the following: a television set, a Teflon-coated flat iron (I was obsessed with ironing even my hankies back then), many pairs of Levi's Jeans (I couldn't afford one at that time), and other mundane things. And eat at Jollibee, a lot.  

In my 20s, I wrote about traveling... seeing the world. I traveled in Southeast Asia. Am happy, I did. But experiencing other people's culture makes me want to broaden some more my horizon. 

I want to see what and how it's like on the other side of the world. At the same time, I want to firmly put myself into the ground. I would like to start taking roots. 

Here are the things I would like to do and enjoy before I reach the big 40: 

1. See the ruins of Siem Reap. Done. It was one incredible trip forever etched in my memory.

2. Visit the Terracotta Warriors of China and do a jump shot at the Great Wall. 

3. Ride the bullet train of Japan. And walk around its beautiful gardens.

4. Enjoy a culinary journey in the south of Italy.

5. Experience the fjords in Norway or Iceland. 

6. See the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the Parthenon in Athens and the picturesque cliffs of Santorini and Mykonos. 

7. Sip a cuppa in the sidewalk cafes of Paris. And shop. 

8. Get to know the Ibatans of Batanes. 

9. Get lost in the colors of Jaipur. 

10. My own condo in 2016. I think we've made a few small steps. Pre-selling amortization is being paid as I write this. So, yay!

A year from now, I hope to re-visit this post and see if I made progress. 

XX

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment