Monday, July 8, 2013

Dipping Noodles at Mitsuyado Sei-Men

Oftentimes, everyday life takes over and you put on a later shelf (to-do) the important stuff like seeing friends and re-connect with them. It's been more than a year that I haven't seen my good friends Jaye and her hubby Jeck. 

We have a nice history, all three of us. Jaye and I lived as neighbors in Batangas when we were on provincial assignment. It was like being in a set of FRIENDS. We lived in the same building about two doors away from each other. We go home together, eat dinner, have breakfast. We even shared one harrowing typhoon! Very neighborly. 

On days off, we would explore places and restaurants. A lot of times, I played third wheel on their dates! We watched movies, dined and had countless coffee dates. I even tagged along in their dives (I did my intro dive with their prodding), wind surfed and climbed mountains (Mt Kinabalu). 

These were the things and more that we reminisced last Saturday when we finally met to have that long overdue lunch! And fitting to have it done at Mitsuyado Sei-Men (the house of tsukemen).  Ah, perfect because am on a Ramen mission. And fitting because we had always been alike in exploring new food haunts.

What is tsukemen?  It means "dipping noodles". The noodles and soup are served in separate bowls. The diner dips the noodles in the soup before eating... Interesting, eh?

How do you eat it? First, you choose what kind of noodle you want -- hot or cold. Am told that the cold noodles retains most of the soup's flavor. Then, quickly dip it into the soup/sauce then, slurp it. 
Double Cheese Tsukemen (P340/regular & P380/large)

The best noodles I had so far. Very al dente.
 
Krashi Tsukemen (P250/regular & P290/large)

Marutoku -- charsiu, Japanese Egg, nori & vegetables (P80)
Gyoza (P180)



The price points are really easy on the pocket. Honestly, I was expecting it to be more expensive. So, pleasant surprise. It's atmosphere is very relaxed. And inviting.


My lunch at Mitsuyado Sei-Men was a gastronomic feast; happy belly. I believe that I am going for more. Thank you to my beautiful couple friends who traveled all the way from Sta Rosa to share a lovely meal with me. 
Thank you, guys! Next luncheon is on me :-)
 Until the next Ramen adventure!








Mitsuyado Sei-Men

22 Jupiter St Bel-Air, Makati
(02) 511-1390


Photo Credit: Jeck Simbulan


XX

Sheng


No comments:

Post a Comment