Thursday, August 29, 2013

Starbucks

Nothing beats a Starbucks customer experience. Sure, it's not perfect. But the nice thing about Starbucks is, it always bounces back as soon as it discovers its error and to some extent when it becomes aware that a customer's expectations are not met. 

I've been a customer for a long, long time. I have my fair share of experiences with my office neighborhood barista. Let's start with my name. I didn't know that it can have so many spelling variations... only at Starbucks. 


But when you're a regular, your friendly barista greets you by name and remembers your usual -- and your personal quirks like upside down caramel, non-fat, absolutely no-foam with extra caramel drizzle macchiato.  
 
Dawn's treat. And my usual order.

You feel that your coffee doesn't taste as it should be? You can return it. And your barista will replace it pronto. 

When the Starbucks card was finally launched in Manila last August 7, we obviously made a beeline for it. It works as a debit as well as a loyalty card. After 12 beverages, your 13th cup is on them. Get one grande cup on your birthday, too. Awesome, eh? 


Since then, I've been using my Starbucks card for all my java fix. Last night, I went to its Alfaro branch after my bikram yoga practice. The transaction took a little while longer than it should. Until finally, the barista informed me that she will just have to return it to me at my table. 
 
My favorite sandwich: Chicken pesto in shitake mushroom

About ten minutes later she explained there was some glitch in the processing of my order. I got double-billed but not to worry, it will be credited back, asap. And to appease me from my troubles, I was given a coupon for a free tall cup -- of my choice. 
How can you not stay loyal? I have tried other cafes but always, always I find myself back inside a Starbucks when I need my caffeine fix. And this is almost everyday. 

I say, good job Starbucks. You truly know your coffee and the best coffee experience. Onward!

XX

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment