Monday, December 19, 2011

The Big Red Party

I was in my freshman year in High School when I attended my first grown up Christmas Party. It was also my first foray into the world of Catholic school. I can still vividly remember the theme that year, Red Christmas. 

Strange as it may seem but I decided against wearing one even if I had a perfectly nice tiered red dress hanging in my closet. Spell deviant. Instead, I came in black and white. I was totally having a blast until a classmate, a boy at that, told me why my outfit looks like am off to the gym. That sent me crashing to earth. Ouch. 


And so through the years, I danced around themes on Christmas parties. If memory serves me right, there were only too few occasions that I have followed the theme. Only when it suited my peculiarities. Or if the outfit can be put together based on my basic black wardrobe. 

This year's theme was The Big Red Party. So, naturally I came in...
 



















Black in a sea of red :-)
Luckily, there was no scrooge to burst my bubble. There were quite a number who opted to come in their color of choice. It didn't mean though that we were less thrilled with the red theme. It's just the way it is. 
The Photo Booth by the foyer is a nice touch, as always.
Year after year, I think our event organizers aim to outdo the year before. We've always set the bar high. Last year, we were in Republiq. The clubbing scene has considerably evolved over the years. It was quite a party, at the most happening club in the metro. For this year, it's at Hotel Intercon's, Icon. 


We definitely had a great time. And we were floored when Gino (Gigi) and Fran of RX Monster Radio appeared; they were our hosts. We were on a fan mode the whole night. So, we just had to have our picture taken with them. Most especially Gino. teehee. 
 Big Red Party Hosts: Fran & Gino (RX 93.1 Monster Radio DJs)

The night was amplified more by the production numbers prepared by each floor. We supported our teams with gusto. So much that the next day, I had a really bad voice. 
the 7th floor team on their interpretation of Mama Mia
The Little Mermaid complete with bubbles that almost made me trip on the sidelines :-)
The 10th Floor's winning rendition of FAME!
The 11th floor's version of the Sound of Music was hilar!
 Of course, the branches didn't come unprepared. Everyone's in fun competition mode. 
The Taft Branch.

Before our hosts' bid adieu, we girls are in ultra fan mode.

Never mind if it's hazy. At least we have a memory to dwell on :-))
Adding to the night's excitement was the announcement of raffle winners -- big and small. Pre-drawn and on the spot. Just like any raffle event, this a non-event for me. Didn't win any. Never mind, the dancing that came after just lifted the fog of momentary sadness out of me. 

The music was really great for dancing. And I've seen those who were really smooth on the dance floor. And we had a jolly good time. Although, the DJ's playlist kinda confusing at times. 

beat or no beat, everyone danced the night away!
What's a party without a li'l booze? This party just had the right ingredients; good food, good music and open bar!
with our watered-down mojito :-)
they've got the killer moves!

With Djinji, the glowing bride-to-be
And a Christmas Party wouldn't really be complete without the requisite snap shots. 

Beneath the sweet smile is a grumbling belly.
nice to party with good friends :)

Ridiculously long queue to the buffet station! Just goes to show there is really no pa-sosyal to an empty stomach. Or are we office rats not just the party-phile we aim to be one night in a year? So, we pose for the camera to distract ourselves.    

When the party was over, I thought there were some really nice individuals that rocked the red color. Color blocking becomes them. Then, I saw a series of pretty pictures of the Creative Girls. I just had to include them in this post. Here's one for a taste test.

                          A winner in my book! Mira, Tin, Mau, Joanna and Aza. You girls look glam!

The Barrio Girl has gone a long way... from the nondescript school gymnasium to the most happening clubs in the city. Yes, I've assimilated in the big city but I still get intimidated at times especially in big gatherings like this. They just don't know it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment