Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rachel getting married

Well, this post has nothing to do with the movie. Although, its theme is about married life. 

I had a WhatsApp conversation with my former boss earlier this afternoon. He asked, "how's married life?"  

I quipped that am slow on the learning curve. Of course, I had to clarify. I told him that I realized that married life is more than just taking someone's last name. I mean, I know that in theory it's a whole lot more. But in practice it can be a little tricky. 

It's not how it was playing house when you were a kid. And it's not just about compromises, commitment and deep abiding love.  

I think being married is about two people building a life together without losing one's identity. And it's about growing into the relationship. What's it all about, am still discovering. 

One thing I've come to realize is that when the wind is rough, there is no vow beautiful enough to make you want to sail it through. Only God can calm a howling wind. 
Source: Pinterest
And when you're married regardless of how long you've been together, there will always be something new that irritates and annoys you. There will be moments when without even trying hard to -- one of you gets under each other's skin. 

And that maturing in the relationship isn't all about age. Perspective and wisdom are cultivated and woven into the fabric of the relationship. And that your relationship dynamics determine your response or reaction. 

I've also come to realize that it's healthy to have irritants so you both get to examine your willingness to change and to make your partner understand -- you as an individual and as the other half. 

At the end of the day, even when your mad at each other, you pray for your partner's safety and God's providence. 

Every moment of you together is a work in progress. 
Source: Pinterest

XX

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment