Monday, November 21, 2011

Skipping Christmas? Think again.

Am still hungover from my weekend read that is, Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. A departure from his usual legal thriller fare. I must say, I was of two minds while reading it. 

At the onset I was rooting for the protagonists to really ditch Christmas but towards the end I had a change of heart, and so did they. In the story, the spirit of Christmas still demonstrated the universal truth about why celebrate it. Peace and Love. 

Many times, I, myself want to ditch Christmas. Oftentimes, I feel that it's true meaning has been overshadowed by consumerism... of material expectations. And even to the extent of absolute gluttony. The excuse being that it's the holiday season. So, yeah, I've been tempted many times over to skip Christmas. 

Yet, every time, I cave in. Not out of sheer cowardice. But for the biggest reason of the celebration. The life of the savior, Jesus and how He wants us to love our families and neighbors. And the season tries to remind us of this. 

The metro heralds the holidays by putting on the twinkling lights on every major streets. And the facade of offices are bedecked with ornaments. One of my favorite places to hang out during the season is at the Power Plant Mall in Rockwell Center. It's because it has one of the most awesome mall decor in town. 
Awesome outdoor Christmas Tree.


















The devil is in the details.



















As you enter Rockwell Drive, you'll be greeted by this sight.
Don't you just love lighted trees? 
Inside, the mall decor wouldn't disappoint, either. If only, I took better pictures. Alas, the ones I took aren't worthy of being placed here. Maybe next weekend. 

For a relaxing Christmas shopping, window or otherwise, head to this mall. I just love it. Impeccable taste, too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment