Monday, June 10, 2013

Juju Eats: A New Spin on Salad

We finally got to eat at Juju Eats last Sunday! I've learned of it on Twitter as I follow Juju Cleanse but has not found the time to go. Am a Juju Cleanse fan so I was really looking forward to get a bite of Juju Eats. I must say it did not disappoint. 


I admit this is the first time that I have been to a restaurant that is more of a stand alone salad bar. True to claim, they're putting a new spin to salad. But the array of choices are dizzying and dazzling. See, over 5000 combinations to try? 

Once inside you'll find the place vibrant, light and appetizing. You have two options: order a la carte or create your own salad. If you choose to create, you can easily accomplish it in 5 steps: choose your size (half/regular) + base (romaine, house mix) + freebies (toppings), extras + dressing (Italian, Balayan,Caesar, etc).

Since it was our first time, we opted to be on the safe side and chose from the a la carte menu. 

Menu Board

All fresh ingredients

Food server measures your order in a large industrial-looking bowl
There is a rhythm to the food service. It's like a dance. One picks, measures and organizes the greens and toppings. Then another server mixes the dressing. I like it. Important to me is the preparation of the food. And am happy to report that they're very careful in handling the ingredients, gloved hands and face mask on. I think you can never be too careful with raw food. I, for one, has a very sensitive stomach. So, am really glad. 

Tyrone ordered Chicken Caesar (regular). 
Chicken Caesar (P260)
I, on one hand, ordered Inasal Salad (regular) because I wanted to taste how a distinctly local flavor turn out in a salad. 
Inasal Salad (P185). Spicy and salty. One of their best-sellers!
We do not normally eat just salad. More often than not, it's the prelude to the main dish. So, we ordered an extra salad. 
Tuna Nicoise Pasta (P260)
We just have to Instagram it!
Your salad can be paired with their bottled juices. 
We tremendously enjoyed our bowls of salad! We realized though that a bowl is insanely filling. Enough to feed an empty stomach. So, we went home with a to-go. 
Branding.
Plus, I bought six (6) bottles of solos (juices) for my lunches at the office. Juices range from P80 (sugar-free fresh buko juice) to P165 (atomic carrot, Qcumber Quench, etc). 

See for yourself the healthy goodness of Juju Eats. Am sure that like us you'd be planning your next lunch date there before you even leave. That said, even if it's out of the way.

Juju Eats
G/F BCS Building, 2297 Chino Roces Ave. Ext., Makati City
Tel: 551-3968 

XX 

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment