Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wine Not?

I am very fortunate to work in a company that allows me to grow and gives a lot of breathing space to explore my professional interests. Last year saw me transition to a new job so many millenials could relate to-- digital.

Being new to the digital platform, we are still establishing our digital presence and voice in social media and the rest of the digital eco-system. I'm so glad to be part of the birthing process of drawing our digital blueprint. It is such an incredible opportunity. 

Years back, I've had a vision of being at the forefront of this platform. I didn't know then how I would get to it. I only had a profound fascination and fixation with the digital world. I was so entrenched to it that I follow the tech trends, new platforms. More often than not, I catch myself to be an early adapter be it in Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Vine. 

My digital journey traces its beginnings to my aching desire to find a platform that would host my ramblings and musings. I found myself in multiply, livejournal, wordpress and blogger. Since then, it has been an exciting discovery of the multi-faceted world of the world wide web. 

Yesterday, we worked on our collaborative skills. We did a creative session, off-site. Our assignment was to do the Instagram shoot for our summer campaigns. It challenged our creativity and aesthetic tastes while still mindful of our audience and the stories we want to tell. 

It was fun. It was therapeutic. It was tiring. But all's well that ends well. So, I thought of chronicling how our day went. 
Beautifully laid out table.

Obligatory photo opp... too pretty a setup not to be documented. 
And then, we actually worked. If I may say, it can be back breaking. We carried props, table tops, crouched low to level with a bonsai plant, follow the sun's movement for natural lighting, all in a day's work. 

Outtake.
Jaypee, our "official" photographer took these Caught Gramming moments. 


Four hours of work later that felt like play, we winded down with some wine and cheese. 



We did a taste test of the just-introduced-to-the-market #bestopotato. Yum!
Wine and cheese progressed to early dinner. No one remembered to take photos. But I will attest to the dinner fare's yumminess factor -- 10/10. 

Dinner turned into a hearty conversation of our digital life with a lot of laughs thrown in. Our gracious boss did not just host the venue.. we were stuffed to the brim, as well. 

All in all, it was a wonderful way of disregarding #ShoesdayTuesday replacing it with #CaughtGramming day with the Channel Enablement team. 

Until the next creative session!

Xx

Sheng

No comments:

Post a Comment