Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wedded bliss

A year ago, I exchanged 'I dos' with my now hubby, Tyrone in an intimate ceremony amongst family and friends. We exchanged vows of sticking it out in sickness and health, in sorrows and joys, for richer or poorer, until death do us part.

Looking back, I feel an immense pleasure knowing that we shared it with people we care about. It was amazing to have gathered everyone from all over to come to our small wedding in the far south. 

It was far from perfect. If I were to re-do it again, I'd gladly work on some improvements on the details. But as they say, no wedding celebration ever is. 

One year after, I would say that marriage is not a walk in the park. It requires major adjustments on the littlest of things. And it requires a bigger heart to fill it with commitment, happiness and love, big enough for two people. And the future member of the unit. 

We celebrated with a simple dinner at our favorite breakfast place at Breakfast in Antonio's in Tagaytay. Our dates will never be complete without food. So here goes my snapshot of what we ate.

I must say this this the most tender beef I've ever eaten. Ever.
Beef Sinigang (400)

Smoked Baby Back Ribs (P490)
This chocolate truffle is worth the calories. The thing with dessert is "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". But this is one of those moments where a lifetime is totally okay.
Salted Chocolate Cheesecake Truffle (P290)
Cinco Formaggi (5 Cheese Pizza). Absolutely delish! (P630)
I had a glass of colombelle that knocked me off.
We capped the night with our usual joy of sipping a cup of our favorite java at Starbucks. 
Of course, we gave each other a gift. Lol. I made sure I used my Isabel Gatuslao paper.

Our conversation was peppered with hopes for the future and a short trip down memory lane. We had a good laugh at how I messed up our honeymoon trip to Taipei by being sick and confined for a week at Makati Medical Center. Tyrone suggested we toast Makati Med, our honeymoon suite, literally. 

Although we celebrate in our own special way, everyday whether we're at odds with each other or not, the road trip last weekend had our entire wedding playlist as our background music. It sure does bring back those warm fuzzy feelings. 

And whether am feeling nostalgic or I just want to remember the several reasons why I decided to spend the rest of my life with my husband, I watch our wedding video. 


Here's to more anniversaries and warm fuzzy feelings. 

Xx

Sheng



No comments:

Post a Comment