Monday, September 26, 2011

Revisiting Davao

“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to” ~ John Ed Pearce
When I was younger, I was in a hurry to leave my home, my town, my city. I couldn't wait to get out. Someone once told me when I was a young kid that I would go places. I didn't realize then that it would happen, literally. 

My work assignments have allowed me to reach distant provinces, well-hidden towns and little heard of barrios. And so I revel in the thought that I am able to expand my horizon and get to know the places that I might choose to settle into. 

Yet, oftentimes, I catch myself pining for home. And I have become an ambassador of sorts to friends and acquaintances who think of Davao as an exotic destination. The pull to explore it is great but they're just afraid that they might not be back alive. So, I made it my personal mission to introduce them to the city of my birth. How else? But through a personal experience of the sights, sounds and taste that are distinctly Dabawenyo. 

Recently, I toured some local and foreign friends... albeit, on a very limited time. (I was on official visit.) See what awaits you in Davao, click here.
Welcome to Davao!













One of the places that you can easily access even at night are really worth seeing.

Jack's Ridge 



Its beautiful amphitheater.






























And I believe Davao did not disappoint them. Just look at their happy faces.
Can't resist the little lumad sculptures. 


a view of the city at night





Hello Eden!
A beautiful spot in Eden Resort.
 
Samal Island. A mere 15-minute boat ride from the city.
The patio that leads to a modest-size pool. 



the steps that lead to the casitas on the upper level.








































































































On a nearby resort, Paradise Island, you can even enjoy a relaxing massage by the shore. Beautiful massage huts are lined up. And this side of the resort's beach area is exclusively dedicated as its massage area.

Your view while enjoying a relaxing therapy.













Flying to Davao is the easiest route to take to get to this southern city of Mindanao. There are several airlines to choose from such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Air Philippines and even Zest Air. With the advent of many players in the aviation industry, fare has become cheaper than it used to. Now, you can get a round-trip ticket for a fraction of the fare in yesteryears. 


Accommodation likewise is easy. There are small hotels to cater to budget travelers, business hotels for executives and resorts for families on vacation. One of the most notable hotel in Davao is the Marco Polo. Rates are affordable and the location is very convenient. 
The Marco Polo Davao Hotel. To know more, click here.



  















Madayaw Dabaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment